Thursday, August 5, 2010

Our Day at the Beach..


Green Beach Pool.
There's another bigger and deeper pool above us to the left. (complete with water slide that I'm dying to go down)
.





So anyone who is on my facebook probably saw my post this morning - my friend and I were taking our kiddos out to Kamakura beach. We've been talking about getting out and doing things while our husbands are gone for, well, a long time. So we decided yesterday that we'd head out there today. After oversleeping, and not getting to the base until much later than planned, we decided that instead, we'd go to Green Beach Pool on base.

Honestly, we had such a blast!!! I don't think the real beach would have been nearly as fun. Molly was very nervous at first, but after a while, she really warmed up to it. We played (and had to get out for 15 minutes every hour - that's a little annoying) and relaxed the afternoon away. Kadie even got a slushi - apparently, it's been SO long since she's had one that she thought it was her first ever.. Obviously, she doesn't remember walking down to 7-11 in Duarte to get Slurpees when she was 3-4ish. hehehe She LOVED it, and yes, it dyed her entire mouth - lips, teeth, and tongue - red!

The girls really had a GREAT time and all the kids were totally wiped out. (OK, the Moms were too). :) The girls were asleep pretty quickly for them - especially Kadie, I don't think she'd even been in her room for 5 minutes before she passed out. Even better, said friend and I got tanned!! (well, burned in my case). We'll be heading back tomorrow, so enjoy the pics of the girls in the meantime!!!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, we did have an awesome time!! I'm looking forward to tomorrow too! : )

    ReplyDelete