Saturday, July 30, 2011

Storm Watch.. July Edition..

Pretty purple skys.. Well, I really don't know if that should be pretty..
SooOOooo... We have this HUUUGGEEEEE typhoons that come through here.. ALLLLL Summer long.. EVERY year.. Yeah. Sure. LOL (please note the sarcasm).  Since we moved here.. I've only ever seen ONE real semi-decent storm (at least a storm where I actually saw lightening bolts), and that was the day I moved into our house out in town.. Well, that was until today. This storm was SERIOUSLY active, and we weren't even warned about it. While it really didn't have much more than a breeze, this storm was MUCH worse than any "typhoon" I've seen here. We had lightening bolts touching down all over the place, one that touched down here close enough that I felt the hairs stand up on me.. Did I get a picture of said bolts? No. I kind of got one, and Tim got a pretty great shot of one.. But hey, I got to see some amazing stuff, and boy was the sky a pretty purple tonight!!

Keep in mind that with EVERY one of the shots on this post, it was pitch black until the lightening flashed!

Tim's awesome shot of the lightening!

Another shot of his.. I love how you can see where the flash is...

The ONLY shot I caught a bolt it.. And you can barely see it *cry*
PS - now that I've said we don't ever get any cool storms, there is a storm brewing in the pacific right now. Who wants to bet that since I said typhoons never REALLY hit us, it'll hit us now?? BAD BLOGGER!!!! BAD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment