Monday, July 12, 2010

Molly the Lion



So since I've been absent from here (sorry Bran), there's been a lot going on here. Tim's gearing up to leave again, so we're just spending the time we do have with him. For those that don't know, Molly, who used to love baths, has decided that Japanese bathtubs just don't cut it. As a result, we struggle at bathtime which comes around a lot less often than it used to because of the struggle. Well, normally, Tim's the bath giver, but since Kadie was acting up tonight and ended up having a lecture from him, I was the lucky one. She was still her usual self, but afterward is where her fun began. I don't know how I missed it before, but this kid LOVES her towels - she has two like this one - the lion and a zebra. I could NOT get her to take the towel off until she was finally settling down for the night.. In the meantime, I took advantage of the situation and snapped a few pictures. :)

She's rawr'ing at the camera (and you)!

So other than Molly deciding that her towel is her new favorite piece of wardrobe, we've been enjoying our Summer here. Surprisingly, the humidity doesn't bother me nearly as much as everyone told me it would. Heck, I don't even think it bothers me as much as I was worried it would. lol :) Of course, our dehumidifiers work WONDERFULLY, so I can't complain too much. The one thing to get used to is that Summer is rainy season here, so to do pretty much anything outdoors, we have to be prepared to be in the rain too. Also, it changes a lot - this morning it was pouring, this afternoon, it was gorgeous! Weird... Definitely something I need to get used to.

In other news, Kadie is back in ballet here. She hates it. LOL She also loves it. She hates that she gets sweaty during ballet, but we told her it's a form of exercise and since Coach (Silver Gate Coach guys) told her exercise is important, she feels she needs to continue with it. haha I hope she likes it again soon. :) The hard part is that there isn't a window or anything to me to see what's going on - talk about driving a Mom crazy - I wish I could see it and snap some photos of it.. Other than that, she wants to go to art camp this August, so hopefully, there's still space for camp then when I take her to ballet on Thursday. That should make her happy and feel that I'm less the villain in her life.. Right? Well, we can only hope.. :)
I do think that one of these days I'll take a pause from everything going on around me to stop and actually upload photos.. Today's not the day, but maybe tomorrow.. Well, we can hope right?

2 comments: