Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bonsai

not the best picture, but oh well.


pruning the tree I ruined. (yay me)!
Apparently, you give us one bonsai tree, and we go a little nuts with it. A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a plum bonsai tree. The blossoms are almost identical to sakura, but they are much darker. That tree bloomed for a few days, and then, I apparently made a cardinal mistake and misted the blossoms. It stopped blooming, and we'd been trying to figure it out ever since.

It's like a bonsai's bonsai - it's SO small.

And what's a person to do except go buy more bonsai trees right? So now we have three in the house. You know, the two bedroom, small Japanese house we live in with three bonsai trees and a few tulips because, well, they are my favorite flower.


You wouldn't expect me NOT to take a picture of it...
Wish us some luck as we try to keep these things alive. Tim's better at this than I am, but then, he leaves for months at a time - I don't know if these trees will be alive when he gets home from the next deployment.. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment