Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Nature of the Beast

So today's weather matched all of our moods here.. We had to say goodbye (again) to Tim. It's been a long time since he's deployed (nearly two years), and now we're in a foreign country - needless to say, this deployment will be a bit different than the ones in the past. Oh yeah, let's not forget the addition of a baby. :)

So yesterday around noon we got "the call" telling us that Tim was deploying today. Joy - less than 24 hours notice. YAY - I'm sure you all know by now how well I took that. haha. So we spent the rest of the day running around, getting things done that we needed to before he left. Then we spent this morning packing him up. He left us around lunch time and is on his plane headed to XXXXX right now. (look up where the Blue Ridge is if you want to figure it out). Molly had an absolute heartbreak as she and I walked away from him. I was doing fine until then - that kind of killed it for me. After a few minutes, I composed myself and have been fine ever since. Molly has been too. :) Well, except that she keeps walking around the room calling out "Daddy?" Other than that though, she's good. LOL :) We did get to talk to him via Skype for a few minutes today, and even though we all had some technical issues, it was wonderful for the three of us to see him. Beyond that, we chatted on facebook, and then he boarded. I'm glad to know he's fine, and even happier to know what's happening now. We're no longer on edge constantly waiting for that phone call, and I can finally start planning for his return. :)

Another wonderful thing for us today? We got to talk to Kadie's Godmother, Beanie, via skype as well!! :) Thanks Bean - you really made the afternoon fly by!!!!

That's it today. Sorry no pictures, but it's been a long, draining day, and I just want to get my girls to bed semi early and get myself to bed!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment