Monday, April 19, 2010

Rain, Rain, Come My Way?

I swear that should be our mantra here. It's not currently raining, but it's in our forecast this week.. What?! Rain in Yokosuka?! Unheard of! Because of this - and Molly's new affinity to jumping in puddles - we decided that we needed to get some rain boots. Kadie's "clogs" don't really cut it, and well, they have some really cute boots here! Remember, it rains year round here - so they'll be wearing them all summer too.

After having some breakfast at McDonald's (didn't I tell you we are there all the time?! It was two days in a row this week), we decided to head out to Daiei to get some boots for the girls and see if we could find a necklace chain for me. I spotted a pendent that I really wanted (reminded me of a cherry blossom), and Tim thought it would be a good idea to get. Turns out, it needed a chain and I didn't like what the NEX had to offer. Anyways, back to what I was typing.. We went to Daiei - we even walked. It was such a beautiful day yesterday that we didn't want to drive (plus, who knows how much parking is in there.. haha). We found both girls some very cute boots, so I'm quite pleased with it as it stands right now. Molly's are a bit big, but it was the smallest size they had (about 1 size bigger than what she normally wears). Kadie also got some adorable clogs that she can't run in. LOL She hasn't quite mastered wearing them without them falling off yet, so she's not wearing them to school quite yet. We might go back and grab some slide ons from the same shop since they are so cheap (1050 Yen!! woo hoo)!! Anyways, I guess we're finally more prepared for the rain now!! Woo hoo!!

Kadie's clogs - I could have sworn there were hearts on these Mom.. LOL

Photobucket

Then her boots:

Photobucket

And Molly's...

Photobucket


After we finished up with the mall, it was time for Tim to change and head back to TPU because he was on "duty" and had to muster. It was still such a nice day out though, so I asked him to drop us off at the park near there.. This is the park near McDonald's that has a ton of cherry blossom trees. I think they are beautiful right now.. Not at full blossom, but there are still a few late comers, and they are intermixed with bright green leaves..

Photobucket

So I guess you could say the blossoms are pretty much gone.. It's all good - in their wake, the country is so incredibly green right now - it's just beautiful!

The girls had a good time. I took some snap shots. A piegeon flew down right next to me and just stayed there. I think he was looking for food. Anyways, after a while, Molly found him and chased him all over the playground. It was pretty funny - after a few laps around the play structure, he finally flew away (much to Molly's dismay).

Just one playground picture right now.. More to come later! (mostly Molly chasing around the bird). It's a rare picture with both girls smiling though, so you know it had to be posted!

Photobucket

-Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment