Wednesday, February 2, 2011

SNOW!

Look carefully, you can see it snowing and you can see surfers in the water.
Wow. So uh. I haven't been here in a month huh? I'm sorry guys! (and hey, Tim, you could have posted too.. LOL). We've kind of had a pretty busy January, and well, things just kept slipping my mind.




They LOVED it!
This weekend, it snowed a bit here in Yokosuka! Keep in mind that while I've been TO snow, and I've been in a car when it was falling, I've never actually walked around in falling snow. There's something actually pretty magical feeling about it, and I LOVED it. I don't think I would have loved if it had stuck and I had to deal with it the next morning, but I loved walking around in the flurries we had all over. These are a few pictures from it, there are even more on my facebook!

An update on our lives in general though..

Last month, I was voted into our FRG to become the president. (Not that I had much - or any - competition. LOL). So one of the things I've been pretty busy with is the switch over - the old president is now my VP, and she's been so wonderful and such a HUGE help. Thank GOODNESS! I was really nervous about taking over things, but she's been great about stepping me into it. I think I've got a fairly good handle on things, and I can't wait until I've really got a handle on it. HA!! So far, I'm loving it! We spent the past two days at the pre-deployment fair (you read that right, we're gearing up again), talking to families and Sailors about our FRG and what it is that we do. :)

Otherwise, you saw that we're in pre-deployment phases right now. It stinks, but hey, it's what we get paid for right? It's why we get to live in this amazing country and experience everything we've been able to. And you know what? I'm OK with it. I don't like it, but I'm OK with it. I haven't been OK with it for the past 2 years or so, and you know, this time around, I really AM fine. That'll make things easier on not only me, but Tim and the girls as well. I think a lot of it is being more settled here.. Or at least, that's what Tim keeps telling me. LOL I don't know if that's the case, but whatever it is, I'm not completely dreading it and crying over it. Yay for me, right? ha! At any rate, I'm just looking forward to homecoming. :P

Kadie's report card for the quarter should be coming home today or tomorrow. I can't wait to see it. I spoke with her teacher yesterday, and she told me how proud of her she was. Kadie has come a long way, and is FINALLY at 2nd grade comprehension. She wants her to be a little higher before she pulls her from the class, but there is FINALLY a light at the end of the tunnel in this chapter. Kadie might finally like school again - or well, let's hope this class didn't permanently damage that. She is doing really well with math right now (you know, now that they've switched from addition and subtraction of large numbers to money.. LOL), and her spelling is really coming along. She even won her class spelling bee last month, and was asked to be in a school wide one coming up next month! She's very excited about it, and is currently studying the LONG list of words she was given. :)

Molly's potty training came along, did really well, and then it went. LOL I'm not sure if she wasn't ready or if we just have too much going on right now, but after three days of not making it to the potty more than once a day, we've switched back to diapers and pull ups. She asks to go every so often, but with prepping for a deployment, we decided it'd be better if I waited until Tim was gone. (She does MUCH better with it when he's not home.. Go figure - I think she did it on purpose.. Maybe they had a talk.. haha). Her speech is coming along, and now instead of not talking at all, she sounds like she's speaking German (as a friend puts it). I'll go for German over nothing any day of the week! Oh and she SINGS - I really should tape her doing it, she LOVES to sing, and will sing with pretty  much anything I put on - including some Katy Perry.. hehehe I don't think her Dad's too happy about that one... (And she knows the words and tune to them).

SooooOOoooo.. That's us here. Just living life half way across the world from where we grew up. We're good, and we're all pretty happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment