Thursday, March 25, 2010

Going Out

Ok. I have to tell you a secret. I lied. Yup, that's right - I did. Another slide show coming your way! Sorry, it's just easier than having to resize every picture I take and upload into photobucket. One of these days I'll get used to it, but while I'm still playing catch up, this is what you get.

So a few days ago, when the weather was still beautiful and not so cold that Molly's hands turned bright red, we decided that it would be a good day to venture off base and onto Blue Street. We had to stop for some food first, so since we were going somewhere so foreign, we decided to have something very familiar - Chili's! Ok, so we really didn't put that much thought into it - Chili's is right behind the Lodge, and well, we were REALLY hungry for lunch, and didn't want to walk too terribly far. It's a gorgeous view from there, so we enjoyed a nice lunch before heading out!

We finished lunch and grabbed the next bus to the main gate. Realized that we'd be closer to Blue Street if we got out at Womble, so we did that instead. The minute we stepped off base, I knew we'd love it. There was the hum of a big city along with the calm of the coast. It was just wonderful! We were sad because the 100Y shop we found didn't have anything for children in it (we didn't realize until later that we went to the wrong one). In the meantime though, we hit a few fruit and veggie shops and got some bananas and Japanese strawberries. On a side note, for those of you who ever get the chance to try a Japanese strawberry - do it. They are truly WONDERUL - I think the best fruit that I've ever had. Each and every one that I've had has been perfectly sweet with just a hint of tart to it. Better than any strawberry I've ever had! My girls can't get enough of them, and honestly, neither can I. We have to go back and get more tomorrow (would have gone today, but it was HORRIBLE out there). Anyways, besides fruit, we found a cute little sweets shop and got some things for us. Tim and I got eclairs and Kadie got a slice of strawberry cake. Molly even got a kitty cookie that she has yet to enjoy. We would have talked to AU that day, but the store was very crowded, and we were losing the girls. Instead, we ended up going to Softbank and getting iphones.. I lloooovveeee my phone btw. By this point, the girls were getting tired, so we headed back to the base and the first bus stop we found. Tim has been battling allergies or a cold since we got here, and he'd stopped at the NEX before we headed out to get something for it. He grabbed an orange drink which the girls shared at the bus stop.

And that's about it! Oh wait.. I almost forgot the pictures and that little white lie I told you about no more slide shows huh? My bad!



-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment