Sunday, March 21, 2010

Yokosuka, the Windy City

Seriously.. Chicago has got NOTHING on Yokosuka. I have a LOT of pictures to go through and upload.. Some are already uploaded, but photobucket won't let me make a slide show (annoying).

I wanted to update you guys though. :) We made it here safe and sound last night.. The flight was good - not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. (yay for that). The chief complaints are from the time restraints we had. We barely caught our breath between stops (including once we got to Narita), we pretty much made it through whatever we had to, and stopped for a minute or two before they were calling us to board or get on the bus. Molly had a few rough hours, but it wasn't anything we couldn't handle. (Thank GOODNESS Tim was there with me though, it would have been really rough if I'd been alone). The great thing is that we did get bumped up from economy to economy plus.. We had a LOT more space than I expected. Certainly not first or business class space, but our knees weren't touching the seat in front of us, and we had plenty of storage space! (we had the last row in economy plus, so we had storage under OUR seats as well as in front). Kadie was fairly bored for most of it, but she was amazing! :) I couldn't have been prouder of her - especially during take off and landing. She was a bit nervous the first flight before we took off. I talked to her during it and told her what was going on, the plane had probably left the ground by a foot, and she was already relaxing. The landing in Narita was rough though (we were in a holding pattern for 20 minutes or so because of winds), and Molly's seat was next to her, so neither of us were sitting next to her.. She looked like she might cry. :( She didn't though, and I was a very proud Mama!

The Japanese Nationals are AMAZING. I can't get over it - I wish we would follow some of their customs a bit more. They are polite, accommodating, and friendly. I mean when was the last time you just started chatting with a complete stranger in line at customs? Or helped out a family with too much baggage? They've certainly done that!

The base is beautiful, and while most of the cherry blossoms haven't blossomed yet, there are a few trees around the base that are. They are GORGEOUS!!! :) I want one in my backyard now. hehehe (BTW Mom, those weren't cherry blossoms at Disneyland like we thought - or at least they don't look like that here..). We've walked all around the base today (trying to find McDonald's and the NEX). The townhouses are making us CONSIDER taking base housing, but we don't know yet. I haven't decided, and neither has Tim, but we're definitely leaving the option open. (I think we'd both prefer to live off base still though). Otherwise, we took a walk down to McDonald's today. They have the neatest toys compared to what we get in the States.. The last time we went to McDonald's, Kadie got a "magic meatball" (supposed to be like a magic 8 ball) from Icarly in her happy meal.. Today she got a toy that utilizes similar technology to the Wii. It's a tennis game that you shake the game to get it to "hit" the ball. Pretty awesome. The food even tastes better! Oh and the fountain has "additives" that you can put in your drink. (lemon, apple, and melon flavor.. So you could have lemon coke zero.. awesome).

That's about it for today. We were going to head to Blue Street this afternoon, but we don't want to miss the last bus back, and it won't give us much time there, so I think we're going to go tomorrow after AOB/ICR. (hopefully we get into that class.. I don't know how long I can take living in one room for the four of us). That's about it for right now. We already have the PS3 set up, and the girls have been watching movies non stop.. LOL

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment